Robert S. “Treb” Lipton, Esq.- founding partner (1941-2011)
Robert Lipton retired from the Firm in 2008 and died in 2011. He practiced Intellectual Property and Corporate/Business Law from 1967 when he joined the Legal/Patent Department of the Boeing Company's Helicopter Division as a Patent Engineer. He became a fully credentialed patent attorney in October 1972 and had been in private practice since 1975. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Aeronautical and Astronautical) from the University of Michigan in December of 1964 and his J.D. from Temple University Law School in 1972.
Mr. Lipton's practice involved him in the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, litigation, negotiation, and preparation of various contracts including license agreements, employment contracts, as well as various other agreements and documents relating to a variety of business transactions.
Mr. Lipton served on the Board of Directors and as an officer of various non-profit organizations including as a founding member the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center, the Delaware County Bar Association, and a personal care/nursing home. He was also a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and other professional organizations.